SprayDirect has always taken our responsibility for your personal data seriously and we continue to be committed to protecting our customer’s data with the new General Data Protection Regulations being effective from 25th May 2018.
As a result of these new regulations we have been reviewing our processes to ensure our compliancy.
- We have detailed what information we collect, use and store.
- Whom we may pass your data to, including any sub-contractors/ third parties. Only the relevant data that is legitimately required is passed on, and only done so in line with our policies & procedures.
- We confirm how long we store data for, how you can check your personal data and how you can amend any incorrect information.
- We also confirm that should you request us to delete your personal data from our records, we are happy to do so and how this can be arranged. Please be aware that deletion of your data may result in you missing out on any special events or offers, it may also mean we cannot contact you with any product recalls should our suppliers notify of such a situation.
- We will continue to review and improve our processes to meet GDPR/ Data Protection Act future changes.
SprayDirect.co.uk takes your privacy seriously, therefore we recognise your rights to know how we handle, store & use your personal data, and to know how the regulations protect your data, so if you have any questions please contact us at email@example.com
Our personal data policy has been developed in-line with the General Data Protection Regulations, in force from 25th May 2018 and any following UK regulation than may come into force thereafter.
What Information do we collect about you?
We collect & process personal data that is provided by yourself, when you contact us personally (whether by email, telephone, post or via our websites) in relation to our products and services, or any other matters.
Personal data includes:
- Your name, home or work address, email, telephone number,
- Your job title (if in relation to work contact only),
- Your payment or refund amounts (please note: all card payments are encrypted, we do not store or keep your card details),
- Your delivery and/or billing address,
- Information related to your purchase/ equipment to assist your future purchases,
- Information relating to your internet browser/ device you use to contact us/ our websites,
- Feedback or customer reviews you may be invited to complete,
- Promotion or competitions – we may request your information when invited to take part,
- Information collected in the recruitment process (see separate Recruitment Privacy Notice),
- And/or any other information you provide us, we do not collect any information we are not legally allowed to collect.
How do we use this information?
We process the personal data held for the following use:
- To establish and fulfil any contracts or agreements between yourself/ your company and SprayDirect.
- For processing orders, carrying out repairs/ services on your equipment.
- To arrange delivery of orders/ repaired/ serviced equipment or other items as agreed between yourself/ your company and SprayDirect.
- To comply with relevant law, compliance and regulations.
- With your agreement to respond to any enquiries or complaints you raise with us, and/or in relation to our legitimate interests including investigation of complaints received from yourself, your company or other parties about our product, services or website.
- We may use information provided to personalise our communication with yourself/ your company, our websites, products or services for you.
- In accordance with our legitimate business interests in protecting SprayDirect and our legal rights, including but not limited to, use in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal purposes or litigation).
- To monitor use of our websites/ online services, to assist us in checking we providing information required, improve and protect our products, services, websites and content.
- If you provide us with credit or debit card details, we may use third party processing services, ie: POS payment providers or similar to process your payments. We will carry out security and validity checks via our POS payment providers, in order to verify payment and prevent fraudulent activities. This is carried out in-line with relevant anti-fraud regulations, security measures, criminal activities or misrepresentation regulations in relation to our legitimate interests.
- We may use your information to invite you to take part in market research, review of products and services, or to join us at an open day or similar special event organised by SprayDirect.
- We may also send you direct marketing in relation to products relevant to your industry, previous purchases or similar. Electronic marketing will only be sent to you with your consent to receive it, you are able to opt-out of this if preferred – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or as indicated on the relevant marketing communication to request opt out, at any time.
- We may use your information in order to advertise with remarketing services as well as personalised Google Ads that correlate with your activity on our site.
- We will not use your personal data for any other reason than that stated in this Privacy Notice
Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with our suppliers, POS payment providers or other companies where applicable to your order or enquiry processing, delivery of orders, delivery or site visits for repairs/ servicing, supply of quotations, product manuals, brochures, parts lists and/or any other information requested in relation to our products or services. This may also include contact of third parties in relation to any of the above in relation to our legitimate business interests.
We may share your personal data with the following parties, all in-line with this Privacy Notice:
- Our courier/ delivery companies for delivery of orders/ collection and/or delivery of other products & services.
- Our marketing & communication agencies (in-house or third party).
- Our suppliers, business partners, sub-contractors or other companies (website hosting, IT maintenance, communication support & security checking.
- Our professional consultants or advisors, ie: H&S consultants, auditors & inspectors, legal & financial advisors.
- Search engine & website analysists.
- Personal data may also be shared with regulatory authorities or law enforcement officials if required for any inspections or investigations required, for regulatory or legal/ criminal reasons.
- We will not pass personal data to anyone or any other party for any other reason than those already stated in this Privacy Notice without your consent.
How long will personal data kept?
We will not keep your personal information for any longer than necessary and only in relation to reasons it has been supplied to us by yourself/your company. We are required to retain certain details for supplier warranty validity, supplier recall purposes, to meet certain legal or regulatory requirements. We also need to hold information to enable investigation & resolution of complaints, assist warranty or other investigations, prevention of fraudulent payments or to meet our Terms & Conditions/ Agreements or Contracts.
Information will be held for the length of any agreement or contract, plus a further 12 months period or any other period agreed differently between yourself/ your company. Credit or debit card details are only handled at the time of the transaction through our POS payment system and are not viewable by SprayDirect employees once the transaction has been completed.
Please note that if you request your data is deleted and a supplier recall situation arises we will not be able to alert you of recall details.
Where do we store data?
All data we collect is stored electronically, within the UK (European Economic Area) and only processed by those employees operating under our policies and procedures, or by those employees of sub-contractors, contractors, suppliers as necessary. Only minimal and necessary information (ie: contact name, delivery/site address & contact details) is passed outside of SprayDirect for delivery, installation or service/repair purposes.
All payment information is dealt with by approved SprayDirect employees only, and all payment information is processed under strict security via our POS payment systems. Once account or card details have been input into the payment system they cannot be retrieved by employees.
In such instances where a third party supplier may need to be supplied with your data, they may store data either within the European Economic Area or outside of this area, in such instances the relevant country’s data protection laws will be relevant to their handling of information under the relevant protocols.
What are legitimate business interests?
- Ensuring we provide you with the service and products you expect from SprayDirect.
- Keeping our records up to date,
- Developing our product ranges, services to meet customer requirements and reviewing pricing structures,
- Keeping customers up to date with new ranges, special offers, events or similar,
- Ensuring we meet legal and contractual requirements,
- Investigating any fraudulent activities that may affect our customers or business,
- Ensuring we meet our Duty of Care to our customers, suppliers and employees,
- Responding to complaints, product recalls and resolving as necessary,
- Ensuring our business is operated on an efficient and complaint manner, improving wherever necessary.
What are ‘cookies’ & why are they used?
Cookies are small text files that automatically download to any device you are using when contacting any websites, ie: Laptop, tablet, mobile phone. They work with the website you are visiting and your device to collect information, ensuring your connection is quick and smoothly operating. They also tell the website what information you are browsing so it can pass the relevant information to your device. They also tell the website it is working correctly.
Cookies can last for set periods, ie: one visit, one day or longer. Your web browser allows you to delete or limit cookies if you prefer to. If you choose to opt out of cookies when asked by the website(s) or when updating your settings, we will not use them on your visit to our website(s), you may find some reduction in functionality when on our website(s).
Can I change how you use my personal data?
You can withdraw consent for us to hold your data at anytime, again this may mean you miss contacts of the above such events, information, supplier recalls or similar. It will also mean you may miss out on other services ie: our couriers normally message ahead of delivery so if they do not have your contact details you may miss the delivery slot. You may also miss out on supplier recalls or similar notifications which may affect any equipment you have in use.
You can ask to see what personal data we hold regarding yourself, this will be provided in a readable format. If any data is incorrect please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be happy to update our records.
If you would like your data amended or have any questions/ complaints about the data we hold, how it is used, processed or passed on please contact us. If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or would like us to update the data we hold relating to yourself then please contact us at email@example.com
If you are not happy with our response to your questions, complaints, etc, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at http://ico.org.uk/